Separation Counselling in Perth
Are you separating from your partner? Separation and relationship breakdown can be one of the most difficult times in your life. A time when you need support as well as information and practical advice. What do I do now? What will happen to me and to my children? How do I get through the pain that I am experiencing?
If you have friends and family around you, they can provide good support.
You may also need to have professional support where you can work through your sadness, grief, or anger, get good advice about practical issues, and make sure that you and your children have a safe and solid future.
- You may be considering separation or divorce and are hesitant about how to proceed or whether you should.
- You may have already separated and are trying to cope with the range
of emotions that you are experiencing.
- You may be frightened of the future or be at a loss to understand the financial
implications of separating.
- You may be wanting to understand how separating will effect your children
and other family members, and what you can do to minimise the impact.
- You may be fearful of your former partner and need concrete advice on how
you and your children can be safe.
If you do separate from your partner or are already separated you and your former partner will have to make some important decisions about practical issues concerning your children and your assets.
The Family Court has provided a list of the more immediate practical issues:
- Where your children will live and who will take care of them
- How you and your former partner will support yourselves and your children
- What, how and when you will tell the children, other family members and friends
- Who will pay outstanding bills or debts
- Who will stay in the house
- How will the rent or mortgage be paid
- What will happen to any joint bank, building society or credit union accounts
- What will happen to the house, car, furniture and other property
A Separation Counsellor can support you and guide you to make the decisions that are right for you. Your Counsellor at Cottesloe Counselling Centre can also assist you to find other other professionals that you may need to see and take advice from.
At Cottesloe Counselling Centre, we have trained counsellors, psychologists, mediators, and family lawyers who can provide the support and information that you need at this most difficult time. If you would like more information or would like to make an appointment regarding counselling, mediation, or legal advice please contact us at email@example.com
FamilyCourt.gov.au - Separation
Relationships.org.au - Women and Separation
Relationships.org.au - Men and Separation